Monday, January 16, 2012

The Madaras Kafe

I had seen the hoarding at Ispahani Centre and read about it at http://aromasofkitchens.blogspot.com. While shopping on Saturday afternoon, I wanted to grab a quick bite. I thought it was the best opportunity to try this place. It is at the basement of Ispahani Centre. It had a decent store space which can accommodate about 40 people. They have tried to bring the Madras feel in the decor.

My husband had been to this place earlier and wanted me to try the fried podi idly, while he had Lime Mint cooler. The fried podi idly is mini idly, which is fried and coated with podi. While it was still crunchy on the outside, it had a softness on the inside. It came along with coconut chutney. We then ordered Gumman Kuthu Idly. This was again mini idly sautéed with onion and tomato served with coconut chutney. The flavour was fine but I still did prefer friend podi idly over this. 

Overall, the service was very quick. Price-wise, the place was good. For above 3 mentioned items, we paid Rs. 130. I was not wowed by this place that I would go to this place to eat. If I happen to be at Ispahani and I'm hungry, I would definitely go down and eat

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know... It was the name that got me interested but didn't live up to my expectation

      Delete