Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kryptos

I had been to Kryptos long time ago, while my husband didn't like it much, I loved that place.  We thought it's time he gives it a second chance and went there along with my MIL on Saturday for dinner. The decor is classy and as soon as you enter, you are greeted with a warm smile. We were given a corner table along with welcome drink, which I think tasted like peach iced tea (I'm not really sure about it but I liked it). 

It was easy for my MIL to decide what she wanted while my husband and me were confused. My MIL went along with the Veg Salad buffet which comes along with Soup. We ordered Kalitsounia for starter. It's a pastry filled with Ricotta cheese, pumpkin and asparagus. For Main course, I ordered Kritiko Boureki and hubby ordered Spanáki kai Tyrí Kotópoulo. I was not sure how to pronounce the names but the waiter took care of everything. He would explain in detail about the dish and make you feel comfortable. 


The service was quick. The starter came along fast and the first impression that they serve only 4 pieces!!! The starter came along with tzatziki dip and aubergine chip. It was the first time I was tasting aubergine chip and quite enjoyed it. Even though the starter looked small in portion, it is super filling. 

The main course followed soon. My Kritiko Boureki was a pastry filled with potato and cheese. Hubby's main course was big in portion and I immediately knew he would not finish it. He kept praising about his main course. I saw chicken breast, potato wedges and tzatziki on his plate. ( Since I'm a vegetarian, I really can't comment). Coming to my main course, I really enjoyed it. I generally tend to like more spicy things but wanted to try something different. My main course came along with a small portion of rice, channa and veg saute (There could be different names in Greek for the items mentioned). I truly enjoyed my main course and couldn't finish the entire portion.


While we were relishing our food, MIL quite enjoyed her soup and salad. She liked the variety and flavours in salad. We were debating for a while if we should order dessert. Of course, we couldn't step out without having one. We ordered Milopita Nissiotiki, which is ricotta cheese cake with orange topping. It's the best ending we could have to our meal. It had a nice richness and freshness to it. It added quite a zing to my mouth. Absolutely refreshing dessert.


I think the bill came to about 2k for our dinner. Overall, hubby changed his opinion about this place and we are sure to visit this place. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow.. thts nice.. Dad was mentioning this place some time bk.. Btw Do you like cheese cakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place is really nice... You should visit.. Else we can go on double date ;)

      I love cheese cake :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Priya, I am feeling elated that once again my colleagues at Kryptos were able to delight guests & change your husbands opinion. I am now in London & have been visiting various restaurants here. Truly most of my experiences here have been good. I am delighted that most restaurants in Chennai/South India are a notch better. Cheers to my colleagues in Chennai for being the change agents. Thank you once again for your appreciation. It truly makes us feel great that then makes us make our guests feel great at our restaurants with the total experience. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vipin,

      Thanks for visiting my blog. I absolutely love all your restaurants, with Burgundy being my favourite. It's amazing the way you have changed the food scenario in Chennai. You guys truly live up to the tag of fancy restaurant.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. It has been my pleasure taking care of our guests since May 2005 when I left my printing business & came into this wonderful life of serving the guests.
    The growth we’ve experienced over the years is because of customers like you, who faithfully support our business.
    I pray that I am able to continue to motivate my team & myself to continue to love our guests & trust that our guests will reciprocate too.
    Cheers to the foodies of Chennai.

    ReplyDelete