Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ecstacy

I love desserts and one night while having my dinner at home, I suddenly announced that I wanted to have Sizzling brownie with ice cream. 

Hubby: Right now?
Me: Yup.. ( Giving him the sweetest smile)
Hubby: Where do you want to go for dessert?
Me: Cream centre, that is closer to our house and I can't think of any other place?
Hubby: You want to go there and just have brownie with ice cream?
Me: Yeah... We'll leave in sometime

I go to my room and God knows what happened.. I slept (I'm sure hubby might have been very happy when he came to the room). The next day we are off to see "Nanban" movie with family at Satyam Theatre. After the movie, while walking back to the car:

Hubby: You want to have dessert at Ecstacy or want to have only brownie with ice cream
Me: <Confused Look>
Hubby: You want both?
Me: I'll settle for dessert here :)

We ordered three desserts and all to go. We ordered blueberry cheese cake, Le chocolatier and Coffee Tiramisu. It was neatly packed with spoons and tissues. All three were fantastic and I couldn't choose the best of the three. Blueberry Cheese Cake was one of the best I've had in Chennai. Le Chocolatier was a complete chocolate dessert in a very pretty shape. It is every chocolate lover's dessert. Coffee Tiramisu was light and fantastic.

The decor is  really nice and they have interesting flavours. Overall it is an amazing place to have desserts. The portions are small but the quality is good. It is a bit on the expensive side but I can indulge here once in a while. 

10 comments:

  1. sounds great :) if you want to try some wonderful desserts you can try ensemble foods 9841089112 for door delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey.. Where exactly is this place? Only home delivery or is it like a store? Any particular dessert you recommend?

      Delete
    2. they are at gopalapuram, they make delectable desserts and even deliver home. you can mail vandana for more details and menu :)

      info@ensemblefoods.in
      9841089112

      thanks!!!!

      Delete
    3. Tks Rajesh.. Shall def try their cheese cake and tiramisu

      Delete
  2. I have been there looooong back.. when they opened.. I had a mango drink and it was the best in town.. later I was looking for the same when we all went and they had changed thr menu completely.. it is a wonderful place..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O!!! Didn't know they had juice... It's sad it's not available any more.. did you try the dessert there?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Not worth watching if you've watched 3 idiots. They have copied each and every frame!!!

      Delete
    2. I haven't watched 3 idiots and I liked Nanban.. Wondering why Shankar did this film if it is just a remake!!!

      Delete