Friday, March 20, 2015

Tasmania Part 2

Feb 19th - We were a bit tired from our previous night trex and checked out by 11:00 am from our apartment. I had read so much about "Jackmann & Mc. Ross Cafe" at Battery Point, that I had to try it. One word to sum up the place - BRILLIANT. There were too many items that we wanted to try and the food is fabulous. Wish we had our breakfast there every day. We then started driving toward Launceston, which was about 2 hours away. I had booked Quest Launceston. Finally we got a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. The apartment is huge. Obviously, they had air-conditioning only in the living room. Really? How are you expecting people to sleep in the bedroom? They did arrange for fans and air coolers. Anyways, I had paid $470 for 2 nights. The location of this place is good. Very close to the shopping district. 

After freshening, we went shopping at the nearby places and picked up lovely stuff. Right after that, we drove to Cataract Gorge. It's a beautiful place, with a kids play area, swimming pool, huge area to walk and run. Also there was this bridge, from where you could see waterfall. I got excited seeing peacocks roaming around the area. There is a chair car to have an aerial view of the place, but it wasn't working on the day we visited.  We just spent too much time here enjoying the place, that we forgot that all eateries shut by 8:30 pm. We just had dessert from this amazing place and that was our dinner.

Feb 20th - We got out by 6:00 am to explore Cradle Mountain. I had booked Cradle Mountain Canyoning for my husband, while we were to hike up the place. The drive to Cradle Mountain took about 2-2.5 hours. At one point, it was like we were driving through clouds, so misty and scary. After successfully reaching the place, my husband geared up for his canyoning, while I set out for my hike. The hike (6.5 km) was very nice and my husband loved his expedition. I was dead tired, carrying my son during the hike but I met such lovely people who chatted with me along the way. Luckily here, we do get things to eat at the cafe. We left cradle mountain by 2:30 pm and reached our apartment by 4:30 pm. We had dinner at a lovely mexican restaurant nearby and finished our packing to leave the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment