Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Random Thoughts

I'm not a social person. I have my own set of friends, with whom I like to mingle. Likewise, with family as well - I don't really mingle with anyone just for the fear of politics involved. That being said, I don't really like to host dinner / lunch parties for family. 

I'm a South Indian and my husband is a north Indian. I don't know Hindi and my husband is not that fluent in Tamil. So, when it comes to hosting his relatives at my place, I'm not comfortable with the language and the fact that it's all formal. The table has to be properly laid, with proper cutlery, be a proper "lady" shuffling between kitchen and dining serving food.

To compare this, I prefer having my friends over. You have absolutely no need to be formal. Food can be on the table and they can just help themselves. Isn't it strange that friend's feel more at home than your family.

Also, when family comes, one has to dress according to what would please others (I mean family members), while with friends one can wear what pleases them. I hate it when I have to "adjust" for someone else. Why can I not wear what I want at my house???

I hate the fact that in India (at least the set of people I interact with), people interfere so much and give advice. I'm gonna start charging for the advice that people give me. I'll probably be more rich than my monthly income. 

Coming to my son, who is now 7 months. I'm still trying to figure out whom he likes better - me or my husband / mother-in-law. I obviously want him to love me more than them. I do get absolutely jealous, when I try and entertain him the whole day, while they just spend probably an hour with him and he gets so excited when he sees them. Dude, i've been with you the whole day.. Why not smile and laugh at me too? He gives me so many kisses in a day - Is that his way of showing his love to me and saying he loves me more ;) ? Only time will tell and I hope my wish is fullfilled :D

2 comments:

  1. Hey definitely he loves you more than anyone else.. even neya used to jump with excitement when she sees her neighbors but eventually the fact is she loves me more than anyone else !

    And ya I feel more comfortable with friends around than relatives any day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O really?? I hope it's the same in my case as well.. How I wish there was a machine, which says what your child is thinking!! It'll make all our lives easier :)

      Delete